· Meredith’s V-Rod battery went dead before we even got started
· A group of us missed an exit and almost missed the event launch
· We changed our groups around – I moved from the front to the back – much better view of what everyone is doing!
· Evening meeting by the pool and a party in Stacy and Linda’s room – lots of fun!
· Lots of freeways today – went through some nice little towns though
· Big party and lots of media at the LA Harley dealership
· My friends Carole and Rich Silvers had gotten off a cruise that day in LA and met me at the dealership
· A LAPD escort to the freeway
group met us there for our escort through the freeways and all the way to
· Straight to the Jacuzzi with Marie at days end to relax with a beer!
· Meeting in the bar/lobby – leaders and sweeps had to stay late to plan routes
· A group of us went to a local microbrewery and had a great fun dinner
· Nice winding roads (but some rough places) to Cold Springs Tavern for lunch
· When Ramona found a hair in her food, the waiter actually said “No Way!” It was SO California…All that was missing was “…dude!!”
· Nice ride back to a Marriott where we had a “Hot Tub” briefing with M&M, followed by dancing to a great jukebox and a group of us closing the bar!
Day 4: Buellton to
· Passed through some beautiful towns again today
Had a nice
lunch hosted for us at Hobee’s in
· I got us all started on helmet-signing while we sat around killing time for a while waiting for the BBQ shoppers to return from Trader Joes
some thick fog going into
Freaked out the
local patrons at the Best Western in
· The Best Western hosted a wine and cheese reception for us
· We met Veronica, the young survivor who was staying at the hotel, and she joined us for a while – what a great experience! Lots of stories, sharing, laughter and tears…
· Went down in shifts to the beach/park for a great BBQ
· Great rooms, with fireplaces and very comfy beds! Best nights sleep yet!
· Foggy am again – this was very scary at 60mph and trying to wipe my glasses off to be able to see!
Gassed up and
went to the
Did the first
15 miles of
· Another 18 miles to lunch at the Ripplewood Resort
· Last 30 miles was very windy with patches of fog – not my favorite for sure!! Also major temperature swings
Got in to
· Went with a group to the Monterey Aquarium, and all met up for dinner at the Cannery.
· Home late – went to Rhonda and Randi’s room to sign posters.
· Terrible fog and cold for at least the first hour of riding today. Yuck!
· Santa Cruz Harley for media
· Nice brunch set up by the dealer
· Went to the Boardwalk to relax for a couple of hours
· Back to SC Harley for another media opportunity
Had some other
local HOG members escort us to
· Very challenging twisty roads - but beautiful – pine forests and great roads
· Second Harley stop at Peninsula Harley – found out Girlfriend wasn’t doing well
· Hard ride from that dealer to the hotel – dark and major traffic jams on the freeway!
· Great hotel – Japanese tourists
· Worked on the awards with Linda, Jen and Jean
· Didn’t have dinner – hung around hotel
· Later start –
Freeway to the
next Harley dealership in
Rode through SF
· Fog on the bridge –didn’t see anything
Looked a little
out of place among all the bed and bath and wine shops in
· Great hotel – Sheraton – for our pizza party and last night all together
· Did our awards for each other – lots of signing of CDs, posters and helmets!
· Leisurely breakfast at the hotel
· Rode the V-Rod – that was wonderful – sure didn’t want to give it back!
· Down towards the bridge again and NO FOG!
· Very scenic ride up to the Marin headlands
· Great pics and boob flashing at the Marin headlands
· Short ride in to SF – terrible streets though – lights on every corner
· Final presentation of gifts to Megan and Meredith and official end of ride – turned over our keys!
· Went back to the hotel and hung out first in M&M’s room for champagne
· Rooms not ready, and broken elevator at the hotel
· Call from vet about Girlfriend not doing well - it sounded pretty bad…
· Back with the girls – out to the Castro for wild dancing and more flashing